Highly motivated and personable professional seeking a work environment that will allow me to use my organizational and administrative strengths. Accustomed to working both independently and collaboratively to manage multiple priorities. An attentive listener, self-motivator and initiator, with integrity, able to discreetly handle confidential information. Always diplomatic and tactful with other professionals and high profile personnel. Consistently enhance every position with innate ability to readily assess the needs of my employer and work effectively to meet the goals of the enterprise.
ADMINISTRATIVE & ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS
· Organized, prioritized and tracked various tasks and projects for clients, including general accounting, organization of special events, correspondence, and detail management.
· Transcribed physicians' orders, maintained patients' records and completed unit reports.
· Oversaw all operational and financial functions (including all purchasing for the store and purchasing all consumable items used by the Art Institute) and receipt and payment authorization for all incoming shipments to school and store.
MANAGEMENT & COMMUNICATION SKILLS
· Hired, oversaw, and coordinated various services and businesses as needed or requested by clients.
· Negotiated and reviewed terms with established vendors (from contractors to boutique retailers) ensuring quality and consistency of services.
· Facilitated open lines of communication at nurses’ station resulting in better work environment and higher level of care for patients.
· Managed personnel functions in school store, coordinated and recruited work study students to staff store and developed unique marketing items resulting in increased sales and greater faculty and student support of store.
· Identified problem areas and processes, developed solutions, implemented procedures to increase efficiency and decrease stress.
· Recognized and executed necessary tasks to prevent potential problems or crises from arising.
· Determined and created long range plans to facilitate the accomplishment of complex projects and goals, competently manage details and tasks from inception to completion, undeterred by extended end dates.
· Developed innovative marketing strategies, which publicized business, increased sales and grew customer base, and were later adopted by all Art Institute Supply Store.
TECHNOLOGY & COMPUTER SKILLS
· Familiar with various web browsers and email clients use for research and communications, social media used for marketing.
· Familiar with buying and selling procedures of Ebay and Paypal.
· Able to utilize various websites and consumer reports to expedite purchases, generate shopping comparisons, make travel arrangements, with integrated internet research.
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point. Etc.), Quickbooks, Quicken.
· Rosemary P. Costello: Personal Assistant Services, West Chester, PA. 1996-Present, Principal
· Misericordia Hospital, now Mercy Health System: Philadelphia, PA. 1995-1997, Unit Clerk.
· Art Institute of Philadelphia, Supply Store: Philadelphia, PA. 1989-1995, Manager.
· Temple University, Ambler, PA, Associate of Science, Landscape Design and Horticulture, Magna Cum Laude.
· Franklin and Marshall College, Lancaster, PA- pursuing Art Major degree.